Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Christian

I was sleeping early this morning. In my dream, I woke up and walked out of my room. A young boy was standing in my living room. At first glance, I thought it was my son Josh... but within seconds I realized it wasn't. I stared at this young boy's face. Questioning in my head who he was, yet knowing in my heart and spirit exactly who he was. I haven't seen his face since he was just one and a half hours old ~ 13 years ago. But I still recognized him. It was Christian.

I was overwhelmed with a feeling of familiarity. I didn't know this child, but my heart did. I knew he belonged to me. Every detail of his face was alive and real.

I have longed to know what he would look like today. Did he take after his big brother Drew or Josh... mom's side or dad's?  Now I know, he looks just like Josh.  Shorter with lighter hair.

It was a miracle.

I know this visit was more than a dream. Seeing his face jolted my spirit. The colors were so vivid and bright, not foggy like a dream. His face is imprinted in my brain, not like a dream where its hard to remember details. The peace I feel this morning is unlike any feeling of peace I have ever felt before.

Christian, thank you for your short visit. I am so in awe to finally see your face. You are beautiful.

I love and miss you muchly.

No comments:

Post a Comment