Monday, May 23, 2011

humbled

The fundraiser is over and went really well. I have walked away from this experience deeply touched with the amount of compassion I have seen and witnessed in others. The phone calls I received from people responding from my advertisements in the newspapers who wanted to help in any way they could was overwhelming, my phone never stopped ringing. Some offered households of stuff and others just a few things. Some called just to let me know that they were praying for Morgan. Bottom line, the hearts of God's people were reaching out to this family.

We were still receiving donations on the day of the sale. One man approached me and asked if I come out to the parking lot with him. I followed him to his truck. In the back he had a brand new wheelchair from Scooters America. It was purchased for his father, who died 3 days after receiving it. They paid over $5,000 for it, and he wanted us to sell it and have the money go to the family. I was knocked off my feet.

Our local Grocery Stores, Garden Center, Donut House and Pizza Hut donated prizes for the raffle. Our Lions Club, Gun Club and Cowboy Church also donated money. Pony rides were being offered and even Schwans came and offered their ice cream.

My friends donated their trucks and time loading and unloading all this stuff and offered their garages to store everything in.

The next day, my husband took the garbage/carboard to the dump. The employee asked him what he was dumping. He told him it was all leftovers from a fundraiser for the little girl in Rathdrum just diagnosed with Leukemia. Employee says, "oh my"... reaches in to his pocket and handed Andy everything he had.

I am amazed at how this all came together and know God was in complete control, working through His people. I am so humbled to have been part of His work. God is good.









This little one was sooo adorable. She found herself a cart, sunglasses and started shopping... :)









1 comment:

  1. I just happened upon your blog today and my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for your grief and pray for more moments of joy for you.

    ReplyDelete